Thank you for your interest in The Latymer School; choosing your child’s secondary school is one of the most important decisions you take as a parent and it is important that you are well informed.
The Open Evening will give you the opportunity to meet with Senior Staff both in an informal and formal setting, as there will be optional presentations during the evening, there will also be guided tours of the school which will include presentations and displays by individual departments.
For you, the most important part of the evening is seeing the school, talking to staff and students. If you are unable to fit the Senior Leadership and Student Presentations in to your visit, please do not worry they will also be available on the school website after the Open Evenings.
We look forward to meeting you and hope you will find the evening helpful in deciding the next stage of your child’s education.
Mrs Maureen Cobbett, Headteacher
- Guided tours led by students in Year's 10 and 12 will start at 4.30pm on both evenings (Wednesday 27th June and Thursday 28th June). If you would like a guided tour, please go to the Small Hall on the evening where you will be allocated a tour guide. The last guided tour will leave the Small Hall at 7pm on both evenings. Parents/carers are welcome to look around the school without a guided tour (self-guide maps will be available on the evening).
- There will be department presentations or displays in classrooms throughout the evening.
- On both evenings there will be two opportunities to hear a presentation by senior staff and students in the Great Hall. The first presentation will start at 5pm and the second presentation at 6pm. These presentations will be recorded and made available on the school website (www.latymer.co.uk) for seven days after the open evenings. The presentations are optional.
- If you would like to attend one of the presentations, please click here to reserve seats. A maximum of 3 seats can be reserved per family. Please bring the confirmation ticket with you on the evening.
- There is no need to book for the school tours.
Admissions arrangements for entry to Year 7 commencing September 2019
Monday 18 JUNE 2018
Please 'click here' to access our online registration form (SIF) for September 2019 entry.
OPEN EVENINGS DETAILS
Wednesday 27 June and Thursday 28 June 2018. For current Year 5 Parents and Children (Year 7 entry in September 2019)
Please 'click here' to reserve seats for the optional Senior Leadership and Student Presentations
Friday 16 March 2018
Please 'click here' to view our determined admission arrangements for entry to Latymer in September 2019 (this applies to current Year 5 children only).
Tuesday 9 January 2018
The consultation period for admission in 2019 has now closed. All comments received will be considered by the Governing Body with determination taking place no later than 28 February 2018. Final arrangements will be published on this page no later than 15 March 2018. Please 'click here' to access our proposed entry arrangements for 2019 admission. This document is open for consultation to the public, local authorities and other interested parties. Any comments or objections should be made in writing to our Headteacher, Mrs M Cobbett by 8th January 2018. The document as it stands could be subject to further changes before the final determined arrangements are published.