External Qualifications Available to pupils
GCSE Courses at Key Stage 4
|Subject||Awarding Body||Specification Code Number|
|D + T - Product Design||AQA||4555|
|D + T - Textiles||AQA||4570|
|Drama & Theatre Arts||AQA||4240|
AS AND A-LEVEL COURSES FOR YEAR 12 AND 13
|SUBJECT||AWARDING BODY||SPECIFICATION CODE NUMBER|
|Art, Craft & Design||AQA||1201/2201/7241|
|Drama & Theatre Studies||AQA||1241/2241|
|Government & Politics||EDEXCEL||8GP01/9GP01|
|Mathematics||EDEXCEL||8371 & 9371, 8372 & 9372, 9374|
- The tables above show the specification numbers across the four Awarding Bodies, AQA, EDEXCEL, OCR & WJEC for GCSE, AS and Advanced Levels.
- STEP examinations are offered in Mathematics in year 13.
- Many Year 13 students are also now taking University Entrance Examinations in the Autumn Term of Year 13 e.g. BMAT, HAT
- Facilities for students to take non-curriculum subjects at Latymer at GCSE, AS and Advanced Level, (usually community languages), can be arranged but permission must first be sought from the Deputy Head, Curriculum in the Autumn Term. The school will pay for the first attempt at the examination at any level once the entry has been agreed. There is a charge for the oral component of a community language.
- Entries need to be with the Examinations Officer by 31st October in the academic year in which the examination will be taken. Permission should therefore be sought during the first half term of the academic year.
- Any student wishing to sit an examination at GCSE, AS or Advanced Level at another centre should inform the school by 31st October in the academic year in which the examination is to be taken to request permission for any absence that may be required.