History of the school

History of the school

History of the school

History of the school

The Latymer School was founded in 1624 when a City merchant Edward Latymer bequeathed certain property to trustees on condition that they were to clothe and educate "eight poore boies of Edmonton". The trustees are under a duty to carry out the provisions of his will "unto the end of the world”.

The Old Latymer on Church Street closed in 1909. The photo below shows the school as it was between 1874 until its closure.

The school moved to its new Building and current location on Haselbury Road site in 1910 and the original site has grown to include the Mills Building, the Sports Hall and the Dining Hall.

2010 commemorated and celebrated the 100th anniversary of the move with a number of special school events throughout the year.